SEO Facts and Myths

When considering the use of optimization methods search engines to help improve the overall ranking of your website in search engines, here are the "facts" and "myths" about SEO:

Fact: Google, Yahoo and MSN they are considered the "Big 3" when it comes to search engines.

Yes, it is true. In fact, little more than 95% of all Internet searches are conducted using either Google, Yahoo and MSN. This leaves less than 5% percent for all other search engines combined.

Myth: There are 1,000 Internet search engines.

Nop. Is not true. If you see an ad that says "we will submit your site to 1000 search engines", then you probably also want to sell a bridge in Brooklyn. Actually, there are only 40 or less true search engines. The rest of them are actually using search engines Google, Yahoo, MSN, or a combination of the three.

Fact: Search engine optimization is not a process of "one and done".

Good SEO is a continuous progress. You have to do so many things – and do them well – I get ranked at the top of the search engines. Then, once they have gained such high rankings, you have to work twice as hard to keep your site there. After all, when he moved to the top, which hit someone. Rest assured, they will start to work harder to regain that spot.

Myth: You can fool the search engines.

Go ahead and try. And when you get caught, your website will be banned from search engines. There are many types of search engine optimization consultants try tricks and, yes, it is possible that the number 1 in Google for their efforts to "black hat" deals. But when you get caught – and you – your site will be doomed for a long time.

Fact: Search engines love fresh content. Definitely

. Like people, search engines (also called "robots") will return to your site in general, to write and publish fresh content.

Myth: Search engines do not look at Meta Tags more.

Wrong. Search engines are fixed on Meta Tags. They usually do not put much faith in what you've written there as gospel, but they'll come back and look more like content of the site to check the keywords that you are focused on.

Fact: Links help you get your site ranked higher.

True. However, the creation of "retreat" with sites that have a Google Page Rank of 5 or higher. Avoid link farms. Do not buy links and if you can avoid it, do not trade links with everyone on the web.

Myth: The more links you have, the better.

Wrong. Be selective. Get good quality sites to post a link to your site. Do not pay to be listed in directories (with the exception of Yahoo directory). Avoid link farms (these are sites that are just a bunch of links).

Fact: A site map is a good thing to have.

True. While a site map, especially a site map Google will not guarantee a higher ranking in Google, which will help to ensure that all pages of your site are being tracked by Google.

Myth: Pay-Per-Click is not worth it.

False. If your website is not listed high on the results of organic search engines, then you should consider a campaign pay per click (PPC). Yes, any click fraud does exist, but opened a retail store, it is likely to be a victim of theft at any point. Instead, create a smart campaign and maintain a budget. Then, perhaps as its positioning in the organic improve, you might consider backing off the PPC campaign. Or maybe not.